Respecting Our Tradition of Excellence
Oak Hill is proud to maintain its reputation as a world-class country club in the United States by sustaining its traditions and commitment to excellence for the benefit of its members, their families, guests and the Greater Rochester Community.
Especially For Our Golfing Guests
We hope your time spent at Oak Hill is enjoyable. The Club is proud to maintain its reputation as a world-class country club by sustaining its traditions and commitment to excellence for the benefit of its members, their families, guests, and the Greater Rochester community.
From the moment you pull onto Chapin Way our staff is committed to exceeding your expectations. The following suggestions and guidelines are to help ensure you get the most out of your Oak Hill experience.
Bag Drop: In order to provide you with the best service possible, please follow the signs and use the bag drop. Our staff will be happy to assist with your clubs and shoes. You will be escorted to the Golf Shop where the staff will assist in getting you to the appropriate locker room.
Locker Room Facilities: As our guest, we will provide a locker for your use. You are strongly encouraged to change your shoes in the locker room. Our Golf Shop staff and locker room attendants are ready and willing to assist you in any way possible.
Cell Phones: Making or receiving phone calls via cellular phones anywhere at Oak Hill is prohibited except in designated areas or in case of an emergency. You are encouraged to leave your cellular device in your vehicle when arriving at Oak Hill. However, if cell phone use is necessary, discreet silent communication such as text is permissible.
Smoking Policy: Smoking is prohibited in the clubhouse, in the sports complex and in the pool area, unless otherwise designated. Smoking is allowed at the lower fire pit area, center atrium and any grass covered area. Smokers are required to dispose of cigarette and cigar butts in an ashtray or acceptable receptacle. Please do not rest cigarettes or cigars on putting greens.
Pace Of Play: Pace of play is an important aspect of enjoying your round of golf. The initial foursome off in the morning should play in 3 hours 45 minutes or less on the West Course and 4 hours or less on the East Course. All succeeding foursomes are expected to stay in contact with the foursome ahead of them. Be prepared to play at all times and feel free to play ready golf.
Tipping Policy: Oak Hill Country Club respectfully asks that you do not tip the Food and Beverage or Golf Service Center Staff. Discretionary tipping is allowed for caddies, locker room attendants and valet staff.
A dress code is essential to preserve the tradition of attire relating to golf and social functions at Oak Hill Country Club. All members and guests, over the age of 6, are expected to adhere to the dress code. Enforcement of the dress code is handled by the Traditions Committee and the Board of Governors.
- Golf shorts or Bermuda style shorts must be mid-thigh or longer
- Collared shirts, short and long sleeve mock turtleneck shirts that are permitted and must be tucked in
- Hooded “sweaters” made by golf clothing manufacturers and crested with small logos (3″ x 3″ or smaller) are allowed to be worn on the golf courses and practice areas if a collared shirt is worn underneath. Hooded “sweatshirts” with large logos (larger than 3″ x 3″) and/or have large seamed front pockets (kangaroo pouches) are not allowed to be worn on the golf course or practice areas. Hooded jackets with zippers are allowed.
- Long trousers must be neat in appearance
- Cargo pants and shorts (cargo pockets defined as side exterior pockets) are not allowed
- Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times and have non-penetrating spikes
- Hats are to be worn in the manner in which they were intended, e.g. golf visors and baseball-style hats with the brim facing forward
- Tee shirts, tank tops, tennis shorts, jogging shorts, cargo shorts, gym shorts, cut offs, are not acceptable
- Tailored dress jeans are permitted in the Clubhouse anywhere at anytime – see denim policy
- Golf skirts, shorts, or skorts must be of a tasteful and respectful length at all times, whether standing or bent over – slacks are acceptable
- Women’s leggings must be covered by a skirt, skort, or shorts
- Sleeved and sleeveless shirts are acceptable
- Sleeveless shirts must have a collar, crew neck or high neck
- Women’s shirts and blouses must be worn inside slacks or skirts, unless designed to be worn outside
- Halters, tube tops, strapless tops, jogging shorts, and yoga pants are unacceptable
- Shoes must be worn at all times and have non penetrating spikes
- Dark tailored dress jeans are permitted in the Clubhouse anywhere at anytime – see denim policy
Especially for our Dining, Meeting And Event Guests
- Tailored dress jeans are permitted anywhere and anytime, throughout the Clubhouse, including the Golf Shop and Ladies Card Room
- Dress jeans must be tailored, and free from holes, tears, frayed bottoms and shall not be distressed, cargo, baggy or acid washed.
- Women’s colored jeans are acceptable.
- Gentlemen are encouraged, but not required, to wear a sport coat along with their jeans.
- Men may not wear hats inside the Clubhouse, except on the lower level
- Women may wear hats or visors coordinating with their outfits in the Clubhouse
- Outside of the Clubhouse, including the patios, hats and visors are allowed but must be worn with the bill forward
- Collared shirts, designed to be tucked in, must be worn tucked in
- Shirts designed to be worn outside trousers, like ‘UNTUCKit’ and Bahama shirts are permitted to be untucked
- Dress jeans are permitted throughout the Club at anytime – See Club Denim Policy
- Golf attire is acceptable at all times in the Clubhouse unless otherwise specified for an event – See Men’s Golf Dress Code
- Shirts and blouses must be worn inside slacks or skirts, unless designed to be worn outside
- Hats or visors coordinating with an outfit are permitted inside – See Club Hat Policy
- Length of skirts, skorts, and shorts must be of a tasteful and respectful length at all times, whether standing or bent over
- Dress jeans are permitted throughout the Club at anytime – See Club Denim Policy
- Women’s fashion leggings are permitted
- Golf attire is acceptable at all times in the Clubhouse unless otherwise specified for an event – See Women’s Golf Dress Code
- Shirts must be worn at all times while utilizing any of the outdoor spaces at the Cottages
- Sleepwear is not to be worn outdoors on the back patio overlooking the East Course
- Rubber flip-flops or plastic slip-on sandals are not acceptable. Sandals/open toe shoes are prohibited.
- Hats or visors (except as noted for ladies, see Club Hat Policy) in all areas of the Clubhouse except the lower level
- Cargo pants, cargo shorts, warm-up suits, leggings, jogging attire, athletic leggings and gym attire unless walking directly from the parking lot to the Fitness Center/Locker Rooms using the lower level entrance
- Athletic type t-shirts, including team jerseys
- Apparel containing slogans
- Cut-off apparel
- Denim that is ripped, frayed or has tears – See Club Denim Policy
- Hooded “sweatshirts” with large logos (larger than 3″ x 3″) and/or have large seamed front pockets (kangaroo pouches) are not allowed to be worn in the Clubhouse
Especially for our Sports and Recreation Guests
- Shorts (exercise or Bermuda), athletic type t-shirts, warm-up suits, leggings, caps, hats and visors may be worn in the Sports Complex Building
- Proper footwear must be worn (sneakers) for Platform Tennis
- Any form of underwear/undergarments, thong style or see-through swimwear is prohibited
- Regulation tennis shoes (smooth-soled court shoes) are required
- Collared and collarless tennis shirts are allowed along with tennis style athletic shorts
- Collared, collarless and/or sleeveless tennis dresses are allowed along with tennis skirts/shorts; must be of a tasteful and respectful length at all times, whether standing or bent over
- Tennis warm-ups are permitted
- No dress code
- Shoes are required
- We encourage members to use the lower level entrance when coming to use the Fitness Center as fitness attire is not permitted on the main and upper levels of the Clubhouse.